Power is still being restored for some folks living in the Harvest community. It was knocked out during a late-night car crash.
Around 11:15 p.m. Wednesday night, a car was heading north on Smith-Vasser Road when he lost control of his vehicle and smashed into a power pole.
Harvest Fire told WAAY 31 that the car then caught fire and ignited the pole as well.
That damaged the power box and knocked out power "from Yarbrough Road south to Pine Grove Road and from the Limestone County Line east to Wall Triana Highway," according to Huntsville Utilities.
Firefighters said both the driver and the passenger were transported to Huntsville Hospital with minor injuries.
Huntsville Utilities said much of the power was restored shortly after midnight. As of 6 a.m., there were "still a few pockets of customers without service." The road was reopened by 1:45 a.m.
State Troopers are investigating what caused the driver to go off the road.
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck
- Teenager injured in late night wreck
- PHOTOS: Research Park power outage caused by wreck
- Late night murder closes part of Highway 72, causes power outage
- Late-night wreck knocks out power in Moores Mill, Chase area
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- One injured, one jailed in late-night Huntsville wreck
- Wind damage causes power outage in Bridgeport