Traffic was at a standstill at railroad crossings in Huntsville this afternoon, including crossings at Pratt Avenue and Meridian Street.
The train stopped after a car reportedly hit it just before Noon.
Thankfully, the driver of the silver Acura survived with minor injuries.
His car, though, is a mangled mess of metal as the train dragged it until it could stop.
WAAY 31 saw Huntsville Police, Huntsville Fire and HEMSI on the scene.
- Car hits train, shutting down crossings
- Two people dead after crashing car into crossing train
- Train wreck shuts down streets in Hollywood
- Train hits car in Atlanta, killing 3 women
- Huntsville police: Car hit by train on Pratt Avenue
- Car fire shuts down part of Madison Blvd.
- Multi-car crash shuts down Bob Wallace Ave.
- Huntsville crossing guards train ahead of students return to school
- 2 dead after vehicle crossed in front of Amtrak train
- Alabama State Troopers identify man killed after car hit by train in Limestone County