Part of Madison Boulevard shut down late Tuesday night when a westbound car burst into flames.
The car reached the intersection of Celtic Drive before it burst into flames around 11:45 p.m.
Madison Police and Madison Fire blocked off both westbound lanes and one eastbound lane while they tackled the fire.
The car took roughly 45 minutes to extinguish and nearly two full tanks of water from one of the engines.
The driver was able to escape the car without any injuries. The cause of the fire is unknown.
Madison Boulevard was able to fully reopen around 12:30 a.m.
- Car fire shuts down part of Madison Blvd.
- Madison house fire shuts down intersection
- Traffic alert: Accident shuts down part of Sullivan Street in Madison
- Man wanted after robbery at Big A Convenience Store on Madison Blvd
- Car hits train, shutting down crossings
- Traffic blocked on Monte Sano Blvd. after car rolls into ditch
- Madison City Schools hiring part-time nurses
- Harvest road shut down by Madison Co. Sheriff's office
- Overturned 18-wheeler shuts down part of I-65 in Limestone County
- Madison firefighters put out car fire along I-565