A woman was hospitalized early Friday morning after Huntsville Police said she was shot in her car.
Shortly after 2 a.m., police responded to a shooting call over on Salem Road near Victory Lane. When they arrived, they found a female victim with a gunshot wound to her leg.
Investigators said after she was shot, her car rolled between two houses on Salem, slightly clipping one of them, and landed in the ditch behind the homes.
She was taken to Huntsville Hospital in serious condition because of where she was shot, but suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Huntsville Police said the woman was alert and talking when she was transported.
No arrest has been made as of the publishing of this story. If you know anything about the shooting, you're asked to contact Huntsville Police.
- Car crashes into ditch near homes after driver was shot in the leg
- Woman shot in the leg speaks out
- Athens crash injures driver, mangles car
- Huntsville police investigating after woman shot in leg
- Huntsville man walks outside his home after hearing gunfire, gets shot in the leg
- HPD: driver flees after crashing into home
- Prosecutors say Uber driver shot passenger from outside car
- Athens councilman hit by car has leg amputated
- Car crashes into north Huntsville home
- Two men save driver and passenger from fiery car crash