Huntsville Police pulled one person from a car after a driver hit a power pole.
It happened Tuesday just before 2:20 AM along Sparkman Drive near the corner of Redmont Road. Police say the driver, a man in his early 20’s, knocked down the power pole, which caused power lines to fall across the road. Huntsville Utilities tell WAAY 31 power was knocked out to homes in the area. The man was taken to Huntsville Hospital.
The road is currently shut down from Landsdale Dr. to Shady Lane so officials can investigate. Huntsville police say right now they’re not sure what caused the man to lose control of his car.
- Car crash knocks down a power pole
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Huntsville Utilities restoring power after storm knocked down 6 utility poles
- Madison road shutdown after a car hits a power pole
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Traffic alert: Downed power pole closes portion of Whitesburg Drive
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- Multiple Muscle Shoals police cars damaged by downed utility pole
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- Late-night wreck knocks out power in Moores Mill, Chase area