A man is in jail after police said they traced a stolen vehicle to him at a hotel in Russellville, Florence police said.
Police said they were called to the Quick Stop at South Court and Limestone streets around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday. A woman there said her car was missing when she came out of the store.
Florence police said they got a description of the person who stole the car from store surveillance video, and the woman was able to track the car with a GPS signal.
The car was found at a hotel in Russellville with Jessie Ford, 35, of Tuscumbia, police said. Ford was charged with first-degree receiving stolen property.
- Car GPS helps police catch theft suspect
- Police need help identifying theft suspects
- Boaz police want help identifying theft suspect
- Guntersville police pause holiday ham delivery to catch car theft suspects
- Decatur police find car theft suspect already in jail
- Huntsville police catch suspect in Sunday murder
- Huntsville Police seek public's help in identifying theft suspects
- Hartselle police ask public to help identify Walmart theft suspect
- Huntsville police want help identifying Airport Road theft suspects
- Decatur police need help identifying mail, debit card theft suspect