The canoe and kayak access area at Cypress Creek will be closed starting Tuesday.
That's because of a renovation project that costs $161,157. The City of Florence tried to keep the area open while crews worked, but a series of destructive incidents led to the closure.
This weekend, someone ran over the landscape beds crews were working on. Other incidents include someone running over and breaking a fire hydrant and people pulling into new asphalt.
At this time, the city doesn't know when the renovations will be completed. The city is doing the project, as a city ordinance requires the parking lot to have landscape.
- Canoe and Kayak access area at Cypress Creek in Florence being closed for construction
- Florence kayaking recreational area shut down due to damage
- Flint creek in Morgan co. expands to 20-mile canoe trail
- Florence starts work on popular kayak site
- Cypress Shoals West recreational area is almost underwater
- Site picked for new bridge on County Road 16 over Cypress Creek
- Emergency management officials warn of high water levels at Cypress Creek in Lauderdale County
- Search underway for missing kayaker
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Styrofoam covering area around Huntsville construction site