CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Carolina coach Ron Rivera says quarterback Cam Newton will miss his second straight game when the Panthers take on the Houston Texans because of a mid-foot sprain.
Kyle Allen, who threw four touchdown passes in Carolina's 38-20 win over the Cardinals on Sunday, will get this second start for the Panthers.
Rivera said Monday on the team's website that Newton needs more time to rest his foot and get better.
Newton originally hurt his foot in Carolina's third preseason game and then aggravated the injury a Week 2 loss to the Buccaneers.
- Cam Newton out another week
- Cam Newton has shoulder surgery
- Auburn Cam Newton statue found with Alabama flags, underwear
- Panthers owner: Team needs contingency plan behind QB Newton
- Jacksonville State University releases security cam video of tornado
- Watch Live: Hurricane Florence web cams from the Carolinas
- NYPD recalls body cam devices after one explodes
- California lawmakers ban facial-recognition software from police body cams
- Week 7: Game of the Week Preview
- Week 9: Game of the Week Preview