The City of Florence is warning the public of a scam in which a caller is pretending to be with Florence Utilities.
The scammer may ask for payment through PayPal, bank account information and threaten to cut off service if the payment is not received. The city says Florence Utilities will not call customers to ask for payment information.
Anyone with concerns about a utility account, can call customer service at 256-760-6512.
- Caller pretending to be with Florence Utilities, requesting payment
- Fayetteville scammers pretend to be utility workers
- "Let's Pretend Hospital" kicks off at UAH
- State board approves request for cancer center in Florence
- Local utility workers help with Hurricane Florence recovery
- Madison County sheriff: Beware scammers pretending to be us
- Marshall County sheriff warns of scammers pretending to be officers
- Decatur police warn of scammer pretending to be an officer
- Waffle House 911 caller will not get reward
- Elderly woman loses hundreds of dollars after caller ID scam