Calhoun Community College and the University of North Alabama (UNA) met this week to sign an agreement that supports the recruitment and transfer of international students from Calhoun to UNA.
According to a representative from Calhoun, the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) allows current and prospective Calhoun international students who meet the qualifications to be admitted to UNA.
Qualifications for Calhoun international students to transfer to UNA:
- Complete an Associate's degree or 60 transferable semester credits
- Earn at least a 2.0 GPA in all college-level coursework
- Meet UNA English proficiency and math requirements
- Submit a transfer application with all required documents by the admission deadline
- Hold a current F1 student visa
UNA will also provide a scholarship package for transferring students that totals $7,500 for classes and housing.