STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Calhoun Community College student spills acid on self

The accident happened Wednesday afternoon.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 7:26 PM

A Calhoun Community College spokesman said a student in a lab accidentally spilled hydrochloric acid on their pants. 911 was called, but the student refused medical treatment and is okay.

Another student activated a safety shower in the lab. Water from the shower had to be mopped up and is not expected to cause any damage to the building.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Scattered Clouds
59° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 59°
Florence
Clear
61° wxIcon
Hi: 65° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 61°
Fayetteville
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 57°
Decatur
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 57°
Scottsboro
Clear
59° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 59°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

Community Events