BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Police say a bystander was killed after gunfire erupted in a Birmingham neighborhood.
Birmingham police Sgt. Bryan Shelton tells AL.com that a man in his 50s was standing outside his own vehicle when he was shot while people in other vehicles were shooting at each other Thursday.
The man died at the hospital. He has not been identified.
Shelton says police do not have a description of the suspect or the cars involved.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/23/2018 6:57:28 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- 2-year-old child fatally shot in Birmingham
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Woman shot, killed inside Birmingham grocery store
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Officer won't face charges in fatal Birmingham mall shooting
- Man found shot to death in car in Birmingham
- Birmingham officer shot, suspect killed in downtown shootout
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe