BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Police say a bystander was killed after gunfire erupted in a Birmingham neighborhood.
Birmingham police Sgt. Bryan Shelton tells AL.com that a man in his 50s was standing outside his own vehicle when he was shot while people in other vehicles were shooting at each other Thursday.
The man died at the hospital. He has not been identified.
Shelton says police do not have a description of the suspect or the cars involved.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/23/2018 6:57:28 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- 2-year-old child fatally shot in Birmingham
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Man found shot to death in car in Birmingham
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- Birmingham reaches its 100th homicide of 2017
- Kemper buys Birmingham-based Infinity insurance
- Three teens killed in wreck near Birmingham