The mayor of Russellville, David Grissom, says a building partially collapsed Wednesday afternoon on North Jackson Avenue.
The building, owned by a church named New Beginnings Worship Center, was condemned two weeks ago. People were working on the building to fix structural issues when it collapsed.
The pastor of the church said when the building collapsed, it totaled his car but he's glad no one was hurt.
Grissom said the city may hold an emergency meeting to get the best plan of action for the building.
- Building partially collapses on North Jackson Ave. in Russellville
- Collapsed building in downtown Russellville to be sold
- Damage in Russellville
- Pioneer Day celebration in Russellville
- Partial government shutdown looming
- Russellville police searching for auto thief
- Russellville man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Secretary Ben Carson to visit Russellville
- Russellville man killed in Thursday morning wreck