Photo Gallery 2 Images
WAAY 31 has learned that 18-year-old Jordan Ann Collier of New Market who died in a fatal three-vehicle crash at Maysville Road and Deposit Road in Madison County on Tuesday was a senior at Buckhorn High School.
According to Tim Hall with Madison County Schools, counselors will be available for students Wednesday. Collier was a basketball cheerleader, a JROTC officer and a member of the New Market Volunteer Fire Department.
Jordan Collier's obituary and funeral arrangements
Collier was killed when the vehicle she was driving was struck by a vehicle, which caused it to collide with another vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The other drivers were not injured.
Another driver involved in the wreck initially ran from the scene but was found by state troopers. It is not known yet whether he will be arrested and charged. Maysville Road was shut down for around three hours during an investigation.
According to the U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion Montgomery's Chief of Advertising and Public Affairs, William Skelton, Collier enlisted into the Army Reserves on September 25 of this year and was planned to leave for basic training on June 3, 2019. She'd enlisted in the Horizontal Construction Engineer career field.
"The Montgomery Recruiting Battalion, along with the Huntsville Recruiting Station, joins in mourning the loss of Jordan Collier. Jordan was the epitome of what the Army looks for in its soldiers and she had a bright future of service ahead of her. We offer our thoughts and heartfelt condolences to her family during this time," Skelton said.
Collier's funeral service will be held on Friday. For more information about the arrangements, click HERE.
- Community grieving after Buckhorn High School student died in three-vehicle crash
- Buckhorn High School students build playhouse for Habitat for Humanity
- Buckhorn High School pays tribute to beloved student
- Buckhorn 2019 season preview
- Baseball helps grieving community heal
- Buckhorn students win internationally recognized Rover Challenge
- Buckhorn grad leaves Tennessee program
- Buckhorn High School honors senior killed in car crash at graduation ceremony
- Buckhorn ends Sparkman's six game win streak
- Buckhorn soccer player signs with UAH