Golden Globe-winning actress Carol Channing died at her home in California early Tuesday morning. The website Broadway World announced her death and posted a statement from her publicist. Channing is perhaps best known for her Tony Award-winning performance as Dolly Levi in the hit musical "Hello, Dolly." She also won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar for her role in the film "Thoroughly Modern Millie." It was not revealed how the actress died. She is survived by her son.
Channing is perhaps best known for her Tony-winning role in "Hello, Dolly."
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 7:32 AM
Updated: Jan 15, 2019 10:15 AM
- Broadway star Carol Channing dead at 97
- Tim Conway, star of the 'Carol Burnett Show,' dies at 85
- German nurse charged with 97 more murders
- Doris Day, America's box-office sweetheart of the '50s and '60s, is dead at 97
- Sesame Street puppeteer Caroll Spinney dies at age 85
- Mockingbird on Broadway will go on after lawsuit settlement
- Broadway production of "To Kill a Mockingbird" will open
- There's a Neil Diamond musical headed to Broadway
- Immigration raid takes 97 into custody at Tennessee plant
Scroll for more content...