We're hearing from people who survived what they believe was a tornado in Marshall County Saturday afternoon.
There were several damage reports but one big one that really hurt the community of Arab.
The Brindlee Mountain Primary School is deemed unsafe for anyone to go into after damaging winds tore through the city.
First responders told WAAY-31 they may have to tear down the entire building because the damage is so severe.
Right now, we're not sure if it was a tornado or straight line winds that hit this area, but we spoke with people who survived it and say they're thankful this storm didn't hit on Friday while children and teachers were in school.
"To us, it was like a tornado. When we started to go down into the basement, it was like pressure opening the door for us to shut it back and it was pitch dark," said Amanda Bowman.
Bowman was working right next door to Brindlee Mountain Primary School when the storm hit. When she came out to see the damage, she said it almost brought her to tears.
She said whatever caused this damage did it fast, and she heard everything.
"It didn't sound like a train or a whistle...Crazy debris and concrete wall down there and glass shattered, and that was it," she said.
The entire building has some sort of damage, but you can see parts of the classrooms collapsed and debris everywhere.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office has closed off the school to the public for safety reasons, and Bowman told us she hopes when people see the damage, they'll know to always get to safety.
The children who attend the school cannot come there on Monday, but school officials are meeting Sunday to discuss a plan for parents and teachers to get ready for the semester.
- Brindlee Mountain Primary School severely damaged after storm
- First look: Brindlee Mountain Primary cleanup begins after tornado damage
- Brindlee Mountain Primary School staff begin move to high school
- Brindlee Mountain Primary School parents talk about first day back
- Aerial footage shows tornado damage to Brindlee Mountain Primary School in Marshall County
- Tornado steals child’s beloved classroom, Christmas gift from Brindlee Mountain Primary School
- Plans in place to help Brindlee Mountain Primary School students with special needs
- Brindlee Mountain Elementary School Principal gets creative in reaching students
- Brindlee Mountain basketball player reflects on his childhood school damaged in tornado
- 'Destroyed. Gone. It's gone': Brindlee Mountain students reflect on damaged school