An 8-year old boy was airlifted to the hospital after he was found floating in a pool.
Limestone County Sheriff's deputies say the boy was in the Legacy Grove community pool on Summerfield Drive.
Limestone County Schools Superintendent Tom Sisk said Thursday that he had been told the boy died, but said Friday a language barrier had led to some communication issues. The boy was still on life support Friday afternoon, Sisk said.
- Boy found unresponsive in community pool
- Two people found unresponsive in Florence of possible opioid overdose
- Huntsville community pool vandalized with homophobic graffiti
- Police investigating body found in apartment pool
- Officials rescue unresponsive person found on trail at Monte Sano State Park
- Jackson County sheriff: Man found unresponsive in vehicle arrested on multiple drug charges
- WATCH: Athens firefighters revive unresponsive dog trapped in house fire
- NTSB report says driver unresponsive before bus crash
- Concerned neighbors discuss pool safety after boy nearly drowns
- Coroner: Boy drowns in Colbert County swimming pool