DICKSON, Tenn. (AP) - Days after a missing 5-year-old Tennessee boy's father was charged with homicide, the boy's mother has been charged in connection with the death.
News outlets report that 27-year-old Krystal Nicole Daniels was arrested Monday night on charges of aggravated child neglect or endangerment. Court documents released Tuesday say she acknowledged being present when Joe Clyde Daniels was killed. The child was autistic and non-verbal.
Twenty-eight-year-old Joseph Ray Daniels is charged with criminal homicide. Investigators say Joseph Daniels killed the child late on April 3 or early April 4, hid the body and then reported him missing, launching a three-day search. The boy's body still hasn't been found.
The affidavit says Krystal Daniels failed to report the abuse and death.
It's unclear whether she has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Both parents now charged in missing autistic child's death
- Parents charged with child abuse in investigation into child's death
- Father of missing 5-year-old charged with the murder of his autistic son
- Autistic kids get special visit from Santa
- Police investigating child's death
- Authorities locate missing child
- Parents charged with murdering infant
- Authorities: Veteran faked death to avoid child rape charges
- Police won't file charges in child's accidental shooting death
- Mother of missing 5-year-old charged with child abuse