Sandra McElwee and her son Sean are a part of the "Born This Way" cast.
On the hit A&E show, Sean and Sandra show the world how Sean is able to do things like play golf, go to work, and live on his own just like everyone else even though he has down syndrome.
The mother son duo spent the majority of their time in Huntsville at the University of Alabama Huntsville's Rise School.
The Rise School is a preschool program with classes made up of special needs and other students.
"This is a gift. This is truly a gift," Sandra McElwee said.
Sandra's son Sean is 23 now, and the two tag team across the country sharing their experiences with down syndrome.
"I'm proud because I love hanging out with kids. I love babies. I love anything," Sean McElwee said.
Sean and Sandra were the guest speakers at the Rise School's fundraising gala. Proceeds from the gala will go toward resurfacing one of the school's playgrounds and securing scholarships for students.
- "Born This Way" cast members in Huntsville
- 'Empire' cast member alleges he was attacked in Chicago
- Huntsville City School Board member arrested
- Huntsville school board members fed up with lawyer
- Huntsville City Schools Board of Education member might be censured
- Family member reacts after triple homicide in Huntsville
- Huntsville Islamic members reacts to Trump travel ban
- Harassment report made against Huntsville School Board member
- I-Team: The big question surrounding Huntsville City Schools board member's arrest
- Huntsville City School Board member pleaded not guilty to harassment charge