Boaz police say a 16-year-old is behind bars after receiving citizen social media tips about a robbery.
Police sa Rickey Ethan Powell of Rainbow City is charged as an adult with first-degree robbery and fourth-degree theft in connection to a Dec 29 robbery at a convenience store located on US 431.
Investigators say a Facebook post asking for the public's help led to many tips and an eventual arrest.
Police say Powell told detectives he robbed the convenience store as part of a gang initiation. Police also recovered a weapon they say was used in the robbery near the convenience store.
Powell was arrested Tuesday, and he remains in the Marshall County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Bond set at $100K for teen accused of robbing Boaz convenience store
- Boaz police seek help finding teen runaway
- Decatur man charged with convenience store robbery
- Killen convenience store damaged by fire
- 2 injured in Huntsville convenience store shooting
- Authorities locate missing Boaz woman
- Boaz police seeks mower thieves
- $100K given to arts in Huntsville
- Boaz police arrest two in drug bust
- Boaz police shoot man during drug raid