Madison County authorities said a suspicious package at a Walgreens just outside Huntsville Tuesday turned out to be nothing but a box with newspaper in it.
A Madison County Sheriff's Office spokesman said employees of the Walgreens at Blake Bottom and Jeff roads found a suspicious package around 11 a.m. Employees heard something inside the package and called authorities, according to Lt. Donny Shaw with the sheriff's office.
The Huntsville Police Department's bomb squad was called to investigate the cardboard box, which had a FedEx label on it but was also open, authorities said. The bomb squad used a robot and a drone to get a closer look at the package before approaching and determining it was safe around 2:15 p.m.
Roads in the area remained open during the incident.
- UPDATE: Suspicious package at Madison Co. Walgreens deemed safe
- Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages
- Reusable packages are coming to Walgreens and Kroger
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office warns about package delivery scam
- Madison police want help identifying suspects in armed robbery at Walgreens
- CNN says its offices in New York have been evacuated because of a suspicious package
- Police investigate suspicious package addressed to Robert De Niro in Tribeca
- Suspicious package sent to Joe Biden sought after a day of fear and confusion