The state's largest Aerospace employer held a ribbon cutting for the expansion of one of it's top programs.
Boeing's Patriot Advanced Capability 3 or PAC 3 missile seeker now has a new facility in Huntsville.
The 28,000 square feet facility is a secure area to build the PAC 3.
According to Boeing, it's uses hit-to-kill technology to intercept and destroy a variety of missiles and hostile aircrafts.
It's currently being used by the U.S. Army and Army National Guard Air Defense Units here in the United States and overseas.
The new facility will allow Boeing to add 70 more jobs for the production of the missile seekers.
The facility has machinery and other capabilities that Boeing said will help sustain the Army's missile defense program.
- Boeing completes Huntsville missile seeker expansion; adds 70 new jobs
- Space Missile Defense Symposium underway in Huntsville
- BioHorizons announces $2M expansion, 60 new jobs
- Huntsville International Airport plans for future expansion
- New Drury Hotel in Huntsville nears completion
- Demolition for the South Huntsville Library completed
- Aerojet Rocketdyne breaks ground on first massive Huntsville expansion project
- Expansion of greenway in south Huntsville now open
- BAE Systems announces $45 million expansion in Huntsville
- Hyundai expansion in Montgomery