The state's largest Aerospace employer held a ribbon cutting for the expansion of one of it's top programs.
Boeing's Patriot Advanced Capability 3 or PAC 3 missile seeker now has a new facility in Huntsville.
The 28,000 square feet facility is a secure area to build the PAC 3.
According to Boeing, it's uses hit-to-kill technology to intercept and destroy a variety of missiles and hostile aircrafts.
It's currently being used by the U.S. Army and Army National Guard Air Defense Units here in the United States and overseas.
The new facility will allow Boeing to add 70 more jobs for the production of the missile seekers.
The facility has machinery and other capabilities that Boeing said will help sustain the Army's missile defense program.
- Boeing completes Huntsville missile seeker expansion; adds 70 new jobs
- Mazda Toyota prepares job announcements for Huntsville expansion
- Lockheed Martin to expand Huntsville facility, add 200 jobs
- BioHorizons announces $2M expansion, 60 new jobs
- Space Missile Defense Symposium underway in Huntsville
- US economy adds 224,000 jobs in June
- US economy adds 145,000 jobs in December
- Huntsville International Airport plans for future expansion
- Mercury Systems in Huntsville celebrates expansion
- Aerospace Corporation celebrates expansion in Huntsville