Photo Gallery 2 Images
The body of Michael Rynders, the missing kayaker on Elk River, was recovered about 11:30 a.m. Friday, said Sgt. Chad Pate of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's Marine Patrol Division.
Rynders has been missing since Wednesday.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office reports that crews have recovered a body from the Elk River, believed to be the kayaker who went missing on Wednesday.
Rescue officials reported Thursday that the search for 39-year-old Michael Rynders of Athens had been reclassified as a recovery effort.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates.
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Body recovered near Singing River Bridge in Muscle Shoals identified
- Kayaker's body recovered from Little River Canyon Reserve In DeKalb County
- Missing CDC worker's body recovered in Atlanta river
- Search underway for missing kayaker
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Missing Decatur man's body positively identified
- Body of missing boater recovered in Wheeler Lake
- 33 bodies recovered after California boat fire, 1 missing