A body was found in the water near the south side of the Singing River Bridge in Muscle Shoals, according to the Colbert County Coroner's Office.
Muscle Shoals Police said they received notification about the body at 2:32 p.m. and responded along with Muscle Shoals Fire Department. They found a body near the bank by the Rockpile hiking trail.
Colbert County Coroner Justin Gasque said his office was called to the scene around 3:45 p.m. Sunday afternoon. The body was identified as 40-year-old James Allan Hovis of Sheffield.
Gasque said that foul play was not suspected in the death investigation. A preliminary cause of death has not yet been determined.
- Body recovered near Singing River Bridge in Muscle Shoals identified
- Muscle Shoals area recovering from flooding with clean-up help
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting
- Muscle Shoals basketball punches Final Four ticket