Noon Wednesday update: Tennessee Highway Patrol has identified the victim of the fatal hit and run as Elbrus, Bokiev, a 67-year-old man from Mulberry, Tenn.
9:43 a.m. Wednesday update:
From the Tennessee Highway Patrol:
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is currently seeking information on a fatal hit and run crash involving a pedestrian on Lynchburg Highway near Louse Creek Road in Lincoln County. The victim was last seen near the area of the crash about 2:30 am Tuesday.
The victim was discovered by police about 3 p.m. Tuesday
The suspect vehicle is a silver or gray 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car. The vehicle should have damage to the front passenger side and possibly the windshield.
If you have any information, please contact the Tennessee Highway Patrol at 615-741-2060 attention to Trooper Jacob Edwards and Trooper Jamison Benefield.
UPDATE: (8:51 p.m.) According to Tennessee Highway Patrol, the body has been ruled a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
According to Christopher Dye with Tennessee Highway Patrol, around 1:53 p.m. Tuesday, a deputy with the Moore County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office found a white male deceased on the side of Highway 50. The highway is also known as Lynchburg Highway near Louse Creek Road, which is in Moore County near the Lincoln County line.
Tennessee Highway Patrol was called to the scene and is processing it as a crime scene. Lincoln County Sheriff Murray Blackwelder previously told WAAY 31 the body was found in Lincoln County, Tennessee.
- Update: Details released on suspect vehicle in fatal Lincoln County hit and run
- Details on updated financial agreement for Town Madison released
- Police: Fatal 'hit and run' victim was actually stabbed; vehicle sought
- Details for 2019 Huntsville Christmas parade released
- Details released in capture of escaped Limestone County inmate
- UPDATE: Highway 67 re-opened after fatal multi-vehicle wreck
- Tennessee Highway Patrol identifies driver in fatal hit and run
- Utah trooper hit by vehicle
- Lincoln County inmate hospitalized after attempting escape
- Lincoln County inmate dead after being hospitalized