Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office said a body has been found in water near the Guntersville Dam.
The body was found near Snow Point Road, said Steve Guthrie, office spokesman.
It was removed about 5 p.m.
Forensics next will conduct an autopsy.
Authorities will be checking boat launches Tuesday in search of unattended cars, hoping the investigation leads them to an identity for the body. Guthrie said there are not any missing people in Marshall County or in the surrounding area.
Guthrie said high water levels made recovery difficult, and there was concern the body would drift away or go back underwater.
It is unclear how long the autopsy will take, but Guthrie said it should be completed soon.
- Authorities working to identify body found near Guntersville Dam
- Body found at Guntersville Dam identified
- Body found in Guntersville sent to be identified
- Body found in Guntersville identified as missing woman.
- Body found in water near Lake Guntersville Sailing Club
- Authorities investigate after body found on roadside
- Body found on Jeff Road identified
- Decomposed body found in East Lawrence identified
- Man loses legs after accident at Guntersville Dam
- Road work starts today in Guntersville