According to Chief Randy Bynum with Fort Payne police, a body was found Thursday in Wills Creek south off of Prestwood Drive. Chief Bynum says a call came in at 12:40 pm., and when officials arrived to the scene, they found the body of a white male.
The investigation is ongoing, and an autopsy will be performed Friday morning.
Neighbors who live by the creek tell WAAY 31 they're concerned for their own safety.
"I'm still in shock," said Andrea Holbrook.
Holbrook lives nearby and grew up on Prestwood Drive. She says when she was young, it wasn't uncommon to play outside alone, but now she's afraid to let her daughter do that. She also says Wills Creek is a common nature walk spot, but after the body was found, they'll be rethinking their walking spot.
"I'd like to know what happened," said Holbrook.
- Body found in Wills Creek south in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne police release identity of body found in creek
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency: Body found at South Sauty Creek
- Fort Payne man arrested after meth, more found in vehicle
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Fort Payne woman killed in crash