UPDATE: (2/28/19 4:16 p.m.) According to the Madison County coroner, Tyler Berryhill, on Thursday, the body discovered in Pinhook Creek was identified through fingerprint analysis as Marcus Russell, 45, of Huntsville.
Berryhill says preliminary autopsy findings show no indications of foul play, and additional studies are being performed to determine cause of death.
An investigation is ongoing.
According to the Madison County coroner, Tyler Berryhill, officials have identified the body found in the creek by using fingerprints.
Huntsville police are trying to notify the next of kin, and the identity can't be released at this time. The cause of death is under investigation, and an autopsy will be performed at the Department of Forensic Sciences later this week.
According to the Madison County Coroner, a person walking by found a deceased male's body in Pinhook Creek and called Huntsville police Monday around 6:30 p.m.
Pinhook Creek is on Pegram Street, off of Pratt Avenue, and is near the Interstate 565 overpass. Officials are doing an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Huntsville police say there doesn’t appear to be any foul play. A rescue squad helped to recover the body.
- Body found in Pinhook Creek identified as Huntsville man
- Body found in north Huntsville
- Bodies found in northwest Huntsville
- Body found on Jeff Road identified
- Decomposed body found in East Lawrence identified
- Body found in Hollywood identified as missing man
- Body found inside south Huntsville home
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency: Body found at South Sauty Creek
- Body found in Wills Creek south in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne police release identity of body found in creek