Bob Jones Baseball's Austin East signed his Letter of Intent to be a pitcher for the University of Alabama in Huntsville's Chargers.
East won't be too far from home next year, so many people will be able to keep up with this lefty pitcher. He said that while he's excited to go to college, he's focused on making UAH a better team.
"I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm really just trying to, you know, throw strikes. Just trying to be one of the guys who can come in and really make a difference and help out the team," East said.
Last season, East had a 2.793 ERA, a 7-2 record and recorded 54 strike outs.
Unlike many kids in high school, East focused on only one position, pitching. He was the starting pitcher on all the teams he was a part of and has been on Bob Jones's varsity team all four years of high school.
On Wednesday, all his teammates, family and friends showed up to his signing day to congratulate him.
- Bob Jones has big signing day
- Nine football players sign NLI's at Bob Jones and Austin
- Bob Jones baseball player commits to Texas
- Bob Jones High School band students performing in Pearl Harbor
- Bob Jones High School hosts all girls chess tournament
- Bob Jones brings more balance to table in 2018
- Bob Jones' Jaydon Hill Commits To SEC School
- Early Signing Day pays off big for 2 Decatur athletes
- UNA Signing Day Recap
- Madison County voters canvass for Doug Jones day before big election