Boaz police officers shot a man Tuesday morning while county drug task force agents were serving a search warrant, authorities said.
Around 9 a.m., Etowah County Drug Task Force agents and Boaz police officers were trying to serve a search warrant on Pleasant Hill Cut Off when Arnold Ray Battles, 64, fired shots from inside the home, according to the Etowah County Sheriff's Office. Two Boaz Police Department officers returned fire while other officers took cover, authorities said.
Battles was hit twice and was taken by helicopter to a Birmingham hospital, authorities said.
The Oxford Police Department is handling the investigation into the shooting, according to the sheriff's Office.
- Boaz police shoot man during drug raid
- Boaz police arrest two in drug bust
- Man shot after firing at officers during drug raid in Boaz, officials say
- Boaz police seeks mower thieves
- Boaz woman charged with drugging 5-year-old
- Boaz police searching for theft suspect
- Boaz police want help identifying theft suspect
- Boaz police seek help finding teen runaway
- Boaz man charged with stealing guns, medication
- Man wanted by Boaz police for theft of property warrants