UPDATE: The Flood Warning for The Flint River at Brownsboro has been extended through Monday morning.
Between lightning sparked fires and rising water, it was a busy Saturday night across North Alabama. Some water is receding, but a Flood Warning is in effect for the Flint River at Brownsboro through Sunday evening. Minor flooding is expected to continue through the day In addition, Indian Creek Greenway has been experiencing flooding for the past several hours. The highest rainfall totals were west of I-65. The rain gauge at Wheeler Dam reported over FIVE INCHES of rain in 24 hours!
Fortunately, the area gets a chance to dry out for the next few days. It gets cold, too. Expect breezy conditions through the day Sunday with a W/SW wind gusting up to 30 mph. Eventually, that wind shifts and colder air gets pumped back into the Valley. Lows hit the 30s early Monday. Rain holds off until the end of the week. Until then, we'll have a partly cloudy sky and slightly below average temperatures.
- Blustery but dry Sunday
- Dry and gradual clearing Sunday
- Showers and thunderstorms continue Sunday, dry by Monday
- Hot & dry Friday afternoon
- Abnormally warm & dry weather continues
- Dry and mild for now
- Friday starts rainy, drying begins
- Dry weekend but much cooler
- Finally! A lengthy dry spell
- Warm and mainly dry weekend