On Monday, Blue Origin is set to open a new rocket engine production facility in Huntsville.
The $200 million facility is set to create 300 new jobs and build massive engines.
The plant will manufacture Blue Origin's BE-4 engine, which runs on liquefied natural gas. That engine will power two next-generation rocket launch systems: United Launch Alliance’s Vulcan Rocket and Blue Origin’s New Glenn Rocket.
Blue Origin representatives say Huntsville was chosen for its high-tech aerospace workforce. Officials from Blue Origin and local and state leaders are set to be in Huntsville for the ribbon cutting at 10:30 a.m.
- Blue Origin to open new rocket engine facility in Huntsville
- New Huntsville facility to help in manufacturing rocket engines for Blue Origin
- Groundbreaking for $200 million Blue Origin facility
- Madison City School creates prototype for Blue Origin rocket
- United Launch Alliance selects Blue Origin as partner to build rocket system
- Huntsville aerospace engineer playing Jeopardy!
- What incentives are being offered so space company Blue Origin can come to Huntsville?
- Rocket Republic brewery to open second location in Huntsville
- Rocket City Burger Battle coming to Huntsville