Blue Bell Ice Cream is voluntarily recalling some Butter Crunch Ice Cream produced at its Sylacauga plant.
The company said a broken tool made its way into a lot of half gallons produced that day, so there could be pieces of it in the container you bought.
Blue Bell Ice Cream is voluntarily recalling a select lot of half gallon Butter Crunch Ice Cream produced on a specific line on August 26, 2019 in its Sylacauga, AL plant because of the possibility the products may contain a foreign object.
Blue Bell discoveredthe issue when it was notified by a consumer of the presence of a piece of a plastic tool in a half gallon of Butter Crunch Ice Cream. The company investigation revealed the broken tool was inadvertently incorporated into the production process in a small amount of product. In an abundance of caution, the company is recalling a full day of production of this flavor from this manufacturing facility.
The Butter Crunch Ice Cream half gallons produced in Sylacauga can be identified by the following code located on the top of the packaging lid: 082621222. An image of the affected product is included below.
The affected Butter Crunch Ice Cream half gallons were distributed in parts of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. All affected stores are directly delivered to and serviced by Blue Bell Creameries and have been instructed to remove the product from their shelves. There have been no reports of injuries due to consumption of this product to date. This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the FDA.
PRODUCT: Butter Crunch Ice Cream half gallons
CODE DATE: 082621222
Consumers who have purchased these items can return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, consumers with questions may call 979-836-7977, Monday–Friday 8 am– 5 pm CST.
- Blue Bell recalling Butter Crunch Ice Cream produced at Alabama plant due to broken tool pieces
- Ice cream being recalled in North Alabama grocery stores
- Decatur lawmaker wants harsher penalties if the 'ice cream licking' trend catches on in Alabama
- Kotex tampons recalled after reports of pieces left in bodies
- Space Delivery: Astronauts get ice cream, make-own pizzas
- Panera Bread recalls cream cheese over listeria fears
- Entenmann's Little Bites Soft Baked Cookies have been recalled due to blue plastic contamination
- Alabama cabinet plant closes abruptly
- UGG comforters recalled due to mold risk
- Tortilla shortage hits North Alabama Taco Bell locations