As of Wednesday afternoon, Blowing Cave Road in Madison County has been reopened.
Blowing Cave Road was deemed unsafe to the public after it was damaged by heavy flooding, and it was closed on February 25. Crews will be back later in the week to paint divider lines on the road.
There are now two ways to get access to Keel Mountain, through Blowing Cave Road and Keel Hollow Road.
The county commissioner, Craig Hill, said a portion of the road was repaved and rocks were added to the road's shoulder and drop-off. He said the price tag to fix the road was about $100,000.
Keel Mountain Road is still shutdown while it undergoes emergency repairs. It's expected to be closed until the beginning of May.
- Blowing Cave Road in Madison County reopened to the public
- Mudslide closes Blowing Cave Road in Madison County
- Keel Mountain, Blowing Cave roads closed after being judged unsafe
- Delays with Blowing Cave Road repairs causing issues for Madison Co. Schools
- Keel Mountain Road in Madison County reopened after repairs completed
- Roads reopen in Limestone County
- Madison man found dead in Jackson County cave
- Madison County roadway reopens after gravel spill
- Damaged Morgan County road temporarily reopened
- Road reopened after 18-wheeler crash