The harsh winter weather has caused shortages in blood for north Alabama agencies.
Both LifeSouth and the American Red Cross said they are experiencing significant shortages in their blood supplies because of harsh winter weather conditions.
Anyone wishing to donate can get in touch with LifeSouth by going to their website or calling 888-795-2707.
Red Cross blood drives were scheduled for Monday at the Walmart on Hough Road in Florence from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and in Huntsville at the Madison County Blood Donation Center on Washington Street from 12:45-7:45 p.m.
- Blood supplies critically low because of winter weather
- George H.W. Bush hospitalized for low blood pressure and fatigue
- NASA Shipper Launches Supplies
- Winter weather affects businesses
- Red Cross: Winter season and flu season causing blood shortage
- LifeSouth Hosting Summer blood drives
- Locations for school supply drives and giveaways
- JCPenney CEO leaves for Lowe's
- George HW Bush hospitalized with blood infection
- Alabama dangerously low on troopers, group says