The cold weather early Friday morning did not stop Black Friday shoppers from standing in line at Parkway Place Mall.
More than 200 people waited in a line outside the food court doors. The line grew throughout the morning, eventually forming down the side of the sidewalk.
The doors opened at 6:00 a.m. and the first 250 people in line were given free gift bags with various coupons and discount cards to retail stores inside Parkway Place.
The first people in the line tell WAAY 31 they arrived before 3:00 a.m.
Some shoppers say they wanted to experience the Black Friday frenzy for themselves.
"We've never gone Black Friday shopping, other than Wal-Mart we just decided to come have fun," said Abatha Harrelson, the first shopper in line.
" We got here at like 4, we never went to sleep we stayed up all night having fun just waiting to come up here, it's fun it's our senior year so we're just trying to make memories before we graduate and go our separate ways," said D'Angelo Sturdivant, a first time Black Friday shopper.
This is the second year Parkway Place Mall was closed on Thanksgiving day.
The mall is now open until 10 p.m. through the holiday season.
- Black Friday shoppers line up for deals
- Black Friday shoppers flood Huntsville stores for best deals
- BLACK FRIDAY: Shopping safety
- Shoppers camp out at Best Buy for best deals
- Shoppers hunting for after-Christmas deals in Huntsville
- Athens shoppers partake in Small Business Saturday
- Redstone Federal Credit Union surprises shoppers
- New mystery shopper scam hits Madison Co.
- Stores packed with last minute Christmas shoppers
- Thanksgiving, Black Friday Store Hours: When will stores open for Black Friday?