It seems as though Alabama's newly minted "Bama Cuts" is working wonders with recruits. The day after releasing another episode of the series, the Tide picked up a pair of four-star commitments for the 2019 class.
The first commitment of the day, four-star defensive lineman Rashad Cheny Jr., will be a bit over looked becasue the kid that followed with a commitment of his own brings with him a championship pedigree.
He's legendary Alabama head coach Bear Bryant's grandson.
Paul Tyson, a 4-star quarterback from Hewitt-Trussville High School will bring plenty of fanfare with him to Tuscaloosa with lineage like that.
"Honestly it's just a huge honor." Tyson said to ABC33/40 in Tuscaloosa on Thursday following his commitment. "It really does mean a lot to my family and really, just to know that he coached here and now I have a chance just to play on the field here at Alabama and maybe have another chance to win a national championship here just like he did is just a huge honor, it could be something really special."
Last year at Hewitt-Trussville Tyson completed 238-of-336 passes for 3,392 yards with 36 touchdowns and four interceptions, leading the Huskies to a second-straight 10-0 regular season and the second round of the Class 7A playoffs. Entering his senior season, he's currently a 4-star prospect and according to 247sports.com's composite rankings, is ranked the nation's No. 7 pro-style quarterback.
- Bear Bryant's great grandson commits to Alabama
- Local TE commits to Alabama
- Grandson of Mohatma Gandhi in Huntsville for festival
- Bryant-Denny Stadium to open early Saturday as President Donald Trump attends Alabama vs. LSU
- Hazel Green's Lewis commits to Alabama, reclassifes to 2018
- Black bear population continues to grow in northeast Alabama
- Black bear sightings are happening in north Alabama
- Kay Ivey announces death of Alabama's first dog, Bear
- Skilled to Work: Grandson follows in his grandfather's footsteps into the space industry
- Make 'Merry Christmas' Great Again