Morgan County’s 2019 Barrels of Love food collection drive is about to get started.
The program, a Morgan County industry-sponsored non-perishable food drive, aims to help stock local food pantry shelves to feed those in need.
The barrels, located at various places, are for the collection of items such as peanut butter, canned meats, soups, ramen noodles, grits, pasta, pop-top food items, drink boxes, canned fruits and vegetables, flour, sugar and cooking oil. Glass containers are discouraged.
Food will be collected Feb. 14 through March 1.
The drive will support Committee on Chuch Cooperation, Salvation Army and the Backpack Program for the school system.
- Barrels of Love getting ready in Morgan County
- Barrels of Love food drive kicks off
- Record year for Barrels of Love
- Whiskey Barrel Tax Exemption Passes
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- 3 arrested for drugs in Morgan County
- Morgan County man charged with meth trafficking
- Body discovered after Morgan county house fire