Decatur police have arrested a suspect in connection to a robbery at Bank Independent.
Edward Elijah Brown, 38, of Gadsden will be charged with robbery in the first degree, and is currently charged with trafficking synthetic marijuana.
According to authorities, employees at the bank said that a man had entered the business, his face was covered with a bandana and sunglasses and armed with a handgun. Brown then fled from the scene.
During the investigation Brown was developed as the primary suspect.
A search warrant of Brown's place happened on Tuesday, July 3rd. During the search Brown was found inside along with two pounds of synthetic marijuana and a AK-47 assault rifle.
Right now, Brown is being held in Etowah County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
Once he is released he will be transferred to the Morgan County Jail.
- Bank robbery suspect behind bars
- Bridgeport Police investigating bank robbery
- Robbery call ends with three behind bars
- Arrest made in Decatur bank robbery
- Police searching for robbery suspects
- $25,000 reward is being offered for identification and arrest of bank robbery suspect
- 'Freedom Fighter Bandit' sought in Georgia bank robberies
- Huntsville Police investigating robbery at Regions Bank on Memorial Parkway
- Florence police: Man arrested after donning disguise, attempting bank robbery
- Colbert investigators searching for robbery suspects