A Baldwin County deputy is at a Mobile hospital after being shot during a domestic violence call, authorities said.
The shooting happened just north of Stockton, Ala., around 1:30 a.m., according to Pensacola, Fla., ABC affiliate WEAR.
It started after a woman called 911 and told them she had been thrown off a bridge on Highway 59 and told them who did it, Sheriff Huey Moss Mack said.
Deputies went to the suspect's home in Latham and that's when the suspect shot the deputy twice, WEAR reported.
The suspect was taken into custody after a standoff.
The deputy was being treated at USA Medical Center in Mobile and was in serious but stable condition.
Neither the deputy nor the suspect have been identified.
- Baldwin County deputy shot overnight
- Alabama Closes Shellfish Growing Waters in Baldwin County
- Byrne, others voice opposition to Baldwin County immigrant holding sites
- Athens woman shot and killed overnight
- Shots fired at Huntsville nightclub overnight
- One deputy dead, 4 other deputies shot in Colorado
- 2 Florida Sheriff's deputies shot and killed
- Alec Baldwin arrested, charged with assault in New York
- Student jumps into action to stop alleged drunk Baldwin County school bus driver
- Morgan County deputies wreck update