LAGRANGE, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say a baby's body was found in a portable cooler bag on the side of a Georgia road.
News outlets report the newborn's body was found Sunday afternoon. According to the Troup County Sheriff's Office, witnesses said the cooler had been on the side of a road for several days, and possibly up to a week.
Sgt. Stewart Smith says the sex of the baby could not be determined immediately.
Authorities say an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Baby's body found in portable cooler in Georgia
- Body found in north Huntsville
- Bodies found in northwest Huntsville
- Police in Georgia say mother drowned crying baby in bathtub
- Muscle Shoals buys portable pump to ease possible flooding in the future
- Man's body found in Lawrence County, Tenn.
- Body found on Jeff Road identified
- Authorities investigate after body found on roadside
- Body found near East Lawrence school
- Decomposed body found in East Lawrence identified