A baby is being treated at a hospital following a near drowning incident, according to the Lauderdale County Emergency Management Agency (EMA).
EMA Director George Grabryan told WAAY 31 that around 12:40 p.m., there was an emergency call that a baby got into the water in the beach area of Joe Wheeler State Park.
Shoals Ambulance responded to the 911 call along with Rogersville Fire, Rogersville Police and Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) Troopers. The baby was taken by AirEvac to a nearby hospital.
The current condition of the baby is not known at this time.
- Baby flown to hospital after near drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- Toddler in critical condition after near drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- New upgrades showcased at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville
- Record-breaking heat extends Joe Wheeler State Park's busy season
- Campgrounds at Joe Wheeler State Park still closed to public due to damage
- Joe Wheeler State Park takes a hard hit in Monday's storms
- National Weather Service confirms EF1 tornado in Joe Wheeler State Park
- Excavation crew hired to clear trees at Joe Wheeler State Park
- DeSoto State Park drowning victim identified
- Decatur student flown to hospital after falling from banister