Several people were hospitalized, the agency said in a statement, though preliminary reports do not indicate that anyone was shot.
The incident, which happened shortly after 7 a.m. ET, is not terror-related, US officials told CNN.
President Donald Trump has been briefed on the shooting, White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said in a statement.
Aerial footage of the scene showed a black SUV that appeared to have crashed into concrete barriers.
The FBI is leading the investigation, the National Security Agency said.
- Shots fired after vehicle attempted to enter NSA facility
- NSA deletes phone records, citing 'technical irregularities'
- Father kills man who attempted to enter daughter's bathroom stall
- Arab police say attempted murder suspect shot in Louisiana
- Decatur Police: victim shot inside vehicle at Central Parkway
- Geraldine home, vehicles destroyed by fire
- Gurley Fire Department vehicle reported stolen
- Three Springs facility safety improvements
- Fire burns through units at Madison County storage facility
- Shots fired at Marshall County home