Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Jackson County School system confirms the substitute teacher and volunteer basketball coach arrested for child pornography is Wayland Hester.
Hester worked at Section High School. The superintendent of the district says no students in Jackson County Schools have been identified as victims as of now.
The district says the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office arrested Hester, 49, from Pisgah on Wednesday for four counts of possession with intent to disseminate child pornography. He has been banned from all school property.
The district says all background clearance and substitute licensing procedures were followed prior to the suspect’s employment.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s State Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office were involved in the arrest after receiving an investigative lead.
- Authorities release name of Jackson County substitute teacher, coach arrested for child pornography
- Jackson County Schools substitute teacher arrested for child pornography
- Madison counselor arrested on child pornography charges
- Man arrested in Madison for child pornography
- Substitute teacher arrested in Alabama after gun fires in class
- Etowah County man arrested for possession of child pornography
- Lauderdale County man arrested on 76 child pornography charges
- Decatur City Schools in dire need of substitute teachers
- Huntsville Police arrest two men for child pornography
- Fort Payne man arrested for possession of child pornography