Authorities said they have a suspect in custody for a shooting early Friday afternoon near the Madison-Limestone county line.
HEMSI spokesman Don Webster said they received a call around 12:30 p.m. that a woman with a gunshot wound to the face had shown up at the Mapco that's located at the intersection of Highway 72 and County Line Road.
The shooting happened on Hatchett Road, down the street from the Mapco, the Limestone County Sheriff's Office said. The woman ran to the store after the shooting.
She was taken to Madison Hospital to be treated for birdshot wounds to her face, authorities said.
Limestone County authorities said a man was in custody and that a shotgun had been recovered.
- Authorities investigating shooting in Madison area
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Madison County authorities bust suspected credit card thief
- Madison County authorities find marijuana, guns in two drug busts
- Huntsville Housing Authority looks to move families throughout Madison County
- Police: Madison shooting was domestic-related
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Decatur police investigating shooting