An inmate who escaped from his work detail in Madison County Tuesday night has been captured.
Kelvin Scruggs, 23, left his assigned job location in Madison County around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Alabama Department of Corrections.
Officials said Scruggs later returned to the work site, where he was taken into custody.
Scruggs is assigned to the Decatur Work Release Center and is serving a 12-year sentence for first-degree assault.
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured
- Escaped inmate recaptured
- Escaped inmate in Madison County recaptured
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Huntsville
- Escaped inmate from Madison County recaptured at Decatur apartment
- Authorities recapture escaped Franklin County inmate
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Franklin County
- Jackson County Jail escaped inmate recaptured
- Escaped inmate with Marshall County ties recaptured
- Work release inmate recaptured, faces escape charge