9:14 a.m. update: School is cancelled for Monday.
"Even if it's a PVC line, and we will have to drain the entire line and glue it back together, that'll be done by late this afternoon," said Dwight Satterfield, Director of Operations and Safety.
School officials said they should have the problem fixed by the end of the day and have the campus ready to be back open again Tuesday morning.
Update: School on delay until 9:30 a.m.
Austin Junior High School in Decatur is on a one-hour delay Monday morning due to a water main break in Decatur.
A decision on whether or not to cancel school for the entire day will be made soon.
- Update: Austin Jr. High in Decatur classes cancelled Monday for water main break
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood
- Tanner Elementary School and Tanner High School closing early due to water main break
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled
- Threat won't cancel classes at Douglas School
- Woman hurt in Decatur wreck was hit by water main cover
- Water main cover that struck driver in Decatur made out of cast iron
- Austin High Stadium Makes History