Auburn basketball forward Danjel Purifoy and center Austin Wiley are being benched indefinitely due to what the school called "an ongoing investigation."
The university released a short statement Thursday announcing the news that they would be held out indefinitely. It offered no other details.
Auburn has been named in a federal investigation into whether NCAA coaches took kickbacks for steering players toward agents and financial advisers. Associate head coach Chuck Person is one of the coaches charged in the investigation.
The statement didn't specifically say whether Purifoy and Wiley being benched was in reference to that federal investigation.
Auburn hosts Barry University in an exhibition game Thursday night at 7 p.m.
- Auburn's Purifoy, Wiley held out due to investigation
- Auburn set to make road trip without Wiley, Purifoy
- NCAA rules Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible for season
- NCAA denies Auburn's appeal of Austin Wiley ruling
- Auburn center Austin Wiley puts name in NBA draft pool
- Auburn's Brown, Wiley Harper to return after exploring draft
- Auburn wins!
- Jarrett Stidham leaving Auburn
- Auburn takes down in-state rival Alabama at Auburn Arena
- Auburn senior Malik Dunbar after Auburn's win over Kentucky