AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - The Auburn basketball team is set to make its first road trip without two top players and a pair of support staffers.
Coach Bruce Pearl said Tuesday center Austin Wiley and forward Danjel Purifoy aren't scheduled to travel to the Charleston Classic Wednesday morning. He says their status "could change in a moment's notice."
Auburn has been conducting an internal investigation into the basketball program since the arrest of former associate head coach Chuck Person on federal bribery and fraud charges.
Auburn placed support staffers Jordan VerHulst and Frankie Sullivan on leave Monday based on that internal review. The school is holding out Wiley and Purifoy.
Pearl says he communicates daily with Auburn's administration. Asked about his own job status, he said: "I'm the basketball coach at Auburn and we're in the middle of an ongoing investigation."
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn set to make road trip without Wiley, Purifoy
- Auburn's Purifoy, Wiley held out due to investigation
- NCAA rules Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible for season
- NCAA denies Auburn's appeal of Austin Wiley ruling
- Auburn center Austin Wiley puts name in NBA draft pool
- Auburn's Brown, Wiley Harper to return after exploring draft
- An 'Auburn Family' staple making trip from England
- Auburn wins!
- Auburn, Alabama set for Capital City Classic
- Auburn fan day set for August 11