The Auburn Tigers enter the SEC Baseball Tournament as the No. 7 seed and will face 10th-seeded Kentucky in the first round on Tuesday at 1 p.m. CT at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.
Freshman right-handed pitcher, Jack Owen (2-2, 6.19) is the projected starter for Auburn and will face a Kentucky team that ranks third in the conference in team batting average (.294). Offensively, the Wildcats are lead by Kole Cottam's .346 batting average. He's also got 18 home runs on the year, tied for the team lead with Luke Heyer.
Freshman righty Daniel Harper (3-2, 5.24) is expected to toe the rubber for Kentucky. He'll face an Auburn offense that's tied for seventh in the league in team batting average, at .284 on the year. Harper and the Wildcats' pitching staff have been less than stellar most of the year, entering Tuesday's contest with a 5.41 team ERA which ranks last in the league.
The first round of the SEC Tournament is a single-elimination format and the winner of this game advances to play 2nd-seeded Ole Miss in the second round, which shifts to a double-elimination format.
- Auburn opens SEC Tournament vs. Kentucky
- Auburn beats Kentucky 4-3 in 11 innings in SEC Tournament
- Auburn defeats Ole Miss 9-3 in SEC Tournament
- Alabama drops Auburn 6-4 in SEC Tourney opener
- Auburn beats Kentucky in overtime 77-71
- Auburn senior Malik Dunbar after Auburn's win over Kentucky
- Georgia wins SEC Championship over Auburn
- Auburn basketball gets second straight SEC win
- Auburn Alumni celebrate SEC Championship in Huntsville
- Auburn learns designations for 2020 SEC slate